Patent Registration in .
Just like promoting is vital for any organization, patent enrollment is similarly vital for development. This assists with making a sensation of genuineness and gives the owner restrictive rights and legitimate assurance. With the approach of innovation, organizations are offering an assortment of new items and administrations. There are many organizations in Singapore so you need to gain an advantage with a patent.
Let’s investigate the patent registration process in Singapore.
Patent registration services in Singapore
To begin with, the candidate should present a patent application to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) through the IP2SG stage. The official language to file an application is English. Filing in any other language is not possible.
The application should include:
- A portrayal of the development including any reference drawings;
- A rundown of cases which diagram the extent of security of the patent. This incorporates what the innovation does, and what others are disallowed from doing when the patent is conceded;
- A conceptual which is an outline of the creation;
- The character of the candidate;
- An address to which IPOS might send correspondence in regards to the patent.
At the point when the application is recorded, the candidate should pay a documenting charge of $160 through IP2SG, and the candidate can quickly start utilizing the expression “Patent Pending” when showcasing or selling the creation.
How to register a Patent in Singapore?
For pragmatic purposes, there are two sorts of assessment accessible, in particular there is local research done along with supplementary examination. Local search and assessment are led by the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS). The analyst leads an inquiry in regard to every one of the cases of the application to decide patentability.
For Singapore public stage applications, nearby pursuit and assessment is to be mentioned inside three years of the date of the application. The grounds of assessment will incorporate an evaluation of whether:
- The cases are novel and imaginative;
- The cases are upheld by the depiction;
- The guaranteed innovation is fit for mechanical relevance (techniques for clinical treatment are not taken to be equipped for modern application);
- The application incorporates added topic;
- The creation as asserted is in opposition to ethical quality;
- There is twofold protecting; and
- Every one of the cases identifies a case that has been looked at.
Supplementary Examination happens where the candidate tries to depend on a PCT application with a reasonable IPRP or the acknowledgment/stipend or award of a comparing application in Australia, Canada (for English applications), Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, the UK, the USA, and at the EPO (for English applications).
Supplementary Examination should be mentioned within 54 months of the need date of the application.
Under Supplementary Examination, the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) examines to guarantee the application adjusts to Singaporean patent practice. Strengthening assessment thinks about whether:
- The cases being inspected are “related” to claims in the comparing application on which strengthening assessment is based;
- The cases are upheld by the portrayal;
- The development as asserted is in opposition to profound quality;
- The development as asserted identifies with a technique for clinical treatment;
- Twofold licensing; and
- The application incorporates added topics.
A candidate might record divisional applications willfully, or as a result of the analyst’s issue with the solidarity of innovation raised during assessment, given that the divisional applications are documented any time before the parent application has been declined, removed or become deserted, or before the conditions for award of a patent on the parent application are fulfilled.
After going through the whole process, if the examiner is content that the patent application has met all examination requirements, a Notice of Eligibility will be issued, and the applicant has 2 months to pay the grant fees.
Price of Patents
Patent registration cost in Singapore
The cost may vary depending on how complex your invention is. The cost of obtaining a patent in Singapore ranges from $250 to $1000, but can increase drastically if there are a lot of legalities involved.
Age of Patents
How long does a patent last in Singapore?
When a patent is granted, it takes effect immediately and lasts for 20 years beginning from the date the patent application was filed, subject to the payment of annual renewal fees.
The initial 4 years have no fee. After the 4th year, the patent renewal fee rises as long as the patent is held. The fifth to seventh years have a charge of $140 each year, and this yearly expense expands until it comes to $970 for the twentieth year of Renewal.
The patent will terminate if the renewal expense isn’t paid within 6 months. There are extra charges for late installments, so it is suggested that the reestablishment be made without really wasting any time.
It is very important to protect your intellectual property so that your invention is secure from your competitors, and achieves exclusivity. It also helps in establishing authenticity.
At Patent International, we provide hassle-free Patent services catered to your needs, in compliance with the international requirements and standards. Patent registration in Singapore doesn’t have to be complicated, and that’s why Patent International is here to assist with all of your intellectual property needs.
*What to do? How to do it? When to do it? Will it work?*
If these are the questions that come to your mind when thinking of registering a Patent, you have come to the right place. We, at Patent International, answer these questions and more! Offering multiple Patent services, we guarantee client satisfaction. For expert advice and consultation, contact us now!